AEEC Mid-Term Session 2017 Report. Meeting held October 19-20, 2017, in Brussels, Belgium.
- The AEEC Executive Committee met at the EUROCONTROL Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. Rich, Stillwell, United Airlines, served as the AEEC Chairman.
- Philippe Merlo, Director of ATM Strategies at EUROCONTROL, outlined the aviation vision for future developments, focusing on communication system developments. He highlighted the importance of the AEEC work for aviation and emphasized EUROCONTROL’s commitment to facilitating events like the AEEC Mid-Term Session.
- In addition, the AEEC Mid-Term Session received presentations as follows:
- European Data Link Services Implementation Rule (DLS-IR) activities with presentation from the SESAR Deployment Manager.
- Report of data link performance monitoring in Europe and status of Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) with a presentation from the SESAR Network Manager.
- European Surveillance Performance & Interoperability Implementation Rule (SPI-IR) status with a presentation from EASA.
- European activities for the Future Communications Infrastructure (FCI) and the joint US-Europe air/ground datalink roadmap with a presentation from EUROCONTROL.
- The AEEC Executive Committee voted to adopt two new ARINC Project Papers and six Supplements to existing ARINC Standards. The summary is provided in this report.
- The AEEC Executive Committee voted to approve six APIMs that will initiate ARINC Standards development activities. The summary is provided in this report.
- The AEEC Executive Committee initiated an effort to standardize the Internet Protocol Suite (IPS) for Aeronautical Safety Services. The Technical Requirements will be defined in ARINC Project Paper 858 intended to be used for ATN/IPS services starting in 2025.