Navigation Data Base (NDB) Subcommittee Meeting Report. Meeting held July 9-11, 2019, in Renton, Washington.
The NDB Subcommittee reviewed and discussed numerous proposals for incorporation into Draft 2 of Supplement 23 to ARINC Specification 424: Navigation System Data Base. The following is a brief extract of what was discussed:
- MITRE presented a discussion paper on possible change to ARINC 424 to allow use of both TF legs and an RF leg to code a curved path in a single procedure. The Performance Based Operations Aviation Rulemaking Committee has requested a method that would enable operators to implement and fly curved paths using either an RF leg or TF leg implementation of the same instrument approach procedure.
- MITRE advised that the US Government is moving to adopt the ARINC 424 XML schemas. There are a few new types of routes and airspaces that need to be added to the XML schemas to support the US Government: Air Refueling Routes, Military Training Routes, and VFR Helicopter Routes.
- Jeppesen presented a discussion paper on the need for additional Baro- VNAV authorization information for LNAV/VNAV lines of minima.
- Lufthansa Systems FlightNav presented a proposal removing the possibility to code an Overfly on CI and VI legs in Attachment 5 Figure 3.
- Boeing presented a proposal to add a new continuation record for Airport SID/STAR/Approach Name for the textual representation of the SID/STAR/Approach.
The next meeting of the NDB Subcommittee is tentatively scheduled for April 21-23, 2020, in St Louis, Missouri. Once the details are solidified, an email notification will be sent.